If you are a team leader or interested to learn and adopt ways on how your team can achieve better results, here are some ideas:
1. Set realistic, achievable goals that can be established for the team and individual members.
2. All team members and team leaders to commit to supporting each other in order to contribute to the achievement of the team goals.
3. Open communication, allowing team members the freedom to express new ideas and improved work processes as well as highlighting issues in a timely, considerate, accurate and appropriate way.
4. A positive mindset on conflict and how it is an opportunity to solve issues by focusing on improving the “business” and not blaming individuals.
5. Team members testing their abilities and trying out new ideas for the purpose of higher work performance and personal fulfilment, whilst recognising and upholding certain work standards and boundaries.
6. Team members understanding each others strengths and challenges, and support each other when difficult situations arise.
7. Individuals learning to understand the entire team’s workflow, and keeping this in mind whilst performing own roles/duties.